Holsters and other equipment
Except when under supervision of a Range Officer firearms must be carried
unloaded in either a gun case, gun bag or in a holster securely attached to a belt on a person.
(Belt must be worn at waist level)
IPSC handgun matches does not require
the use of a particular type or brand of holster.
Typically kydex (e.g. Bladetech), CR Speed holsters (www.rescomp.co.za) or specifically designed leather holsters
are worn, however any safe, strong-hand holster that covers the trigger guard can be used.
The following is not permitted:
• A shoulder holster or tie-down rig
• A holster with the muzzle of the handgun pointing further than 1 meter from the competitor’s
feet while standing relaxed.
• The use of camouflage or other similar types of military or police garments is discouraged.
• Eye and ear protection is compulsory (even for visitors).
• Closed shoes are recommended.
• Due to the active nature of the sport shoes with reasonably good traction is an advantage in